All About Sézane
In the world of fashion, there are several levels from fast fashion to the higher-end, lux brands like Sezane. This French brand has the clothes you might find on the Instagram influencers that you follow for inspiration, and on stylish women around the world. There are ways to make this brand’s best items more affordable if the cost is keeping you from buying them.
What is Sézane?
Sezane is ready to wear fashion. In most cases, the items are made with a standard sizing chart and should fit as expected. The Sezane size chart is listed using measurements. It is important that you take measurements correctly and this is typically easiest if you have someone helping you. If you have never been measured, get a good fabric measuring tape and then learn the techniques with this YouTube video.
What will you find at Sezane?
- Wardrobe essentials from denim, jeans, to tie waist trousers like the Austin trouser ($150). The website suggests two ways to wear these including choosing your usual size if you want them to be a bit roomy and choosing a size down if you would like them a bit more snug.
- Shoes, boots, and other leather goods. The Jack Sneakers ($145) are available in several colors.
- Jewelry including the Zoe necklace, $80. Available in 4 colors.
- Accessories like socks, hats, makeup pouches, and the Gaia belt ($110) are available in several colors and three sizes
Is Sezane a Luxury Brand?
Sezane is considered to be a hybrid between luxury and affordable fashion. It combines stunning fashion and unique styling with more cost-effective pieces that can be worn as entire outfits or combined with other items in your own wardrobe for your own twist.
Items are typically made of high-quality materials with details like on-trend metals for jewelry, leather goods, and footwear.
Is Sezane French?
Sezane is a French company founded in 2013 by Morgane Sezalory. The majority of pieces are made in cities around Europe with additional details and supplemental pieces created in other parts of the world.
Is Sezane Slow Fashion?
Sezane is not considered to be slow fashion based on how frequently new designs and collections are added to the stores and website. Stores that are considered to be slow fashion include:
- Amour Vert
- Eileen Fisher Use the link at Swagbucks for free shipping and get 1% cashback. New users will get a $10 bonus when they create a new account at Swagbucks
- Stella McCartney
Is Sezane Actually Sustainable?
More people are interested in the story behind where they shop and insist on sustainability as well as ethics in terms of sourcing, workplace standards, and other practices. Sezane currently:
- Uses eco-friendly materials with the goal of having at least 85% eco-friendly only materials by 2022. This will include organic cotton and other ethically sourced materials.
- Has 5 fashion industry certifications for sustainable practices and materials
Sezane’s sustainability practices and future plans are listed on the website.
Who is Sezane Owned By?
Sezane is owned by the founder, Morgane Sezalory with a minority stake in the company owned by General Atlantic, an equity firm based in the US. General Atlantic made the acquisition in 2018.
Is Sézane Clothing Good Quality?
Sezane clothing is known for being elegant if not a bit conservative in terms of styling. From the ruffle on its blouses, the muted color palette, and traditional basics, you will find that women prefer to mix favorite pieces with other parts of their own wardrobe to spice them up. Quality, much like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder or in this case, the consumer.
Reviews for Sezane tend to be a mixed bag with individual influencers finding both good and bad. On review sites like Trustpilot, the ratings are not as kind. Sezane has a rating of 2.5 stars on Trustpilot but the majority of the issues seem to be packaging, customer service, and the return policy rather than with the clothing itself. (In other words, only customers who have had a bad experience are taking the time to leave their comments.)
Is there a Sezane in the US?
Yes! There is a Sezane in New York. You can also buy Sezane at Nordstrom in the US.
Pro Saver Tip: Earn cash back on your purchase through the free shopping rewards app Swagbucks. Get 1% to 20% (or more) cash back at over 10,000 featured stores.
Where Can I Buy Sezane Clothing?
Sezane clothing can be purchased in shops in France, the UK, and the US. You can also shop online using the website in 20 countries around the world. Payment options and return policies vary by country. Before you make selections, ensure that you are on the correct website for your country.
When is There a Sezane Sale?
Sezane, being a French company, does have sales that are highly regulated by the government. The sales are part of “les soldes” or sales season in January and July. Additional sales may happen to benefit the charity effort the company started. Sezane’s appeal is that the items are special simply because there are so few of them available. They do not create huge amounts of their pieces to keep the storage and transport expenses lower.
You can find some of the Sezane styles on used luxury label websites like Poshmark and Thredup.
What Are Some Brands Similar to Sezane?
Sezane is not the only label of its kind. The European style of elegant blouses tucked into high-quality jeans, or tailored denim trousers paired with a printed top can be found in many different shops from the UK, Australia, the US, and around the world.
- Claudie Pierlot
- The Kooples
- Antoine et Lili
- Comptoir des Cotonniers
- Ulta Black Friday Deals 2021
- All About CBD Oil: 9 Surprising Health Benefits and Tips for Buying CBD Products Afely
- How to Check Gift Card Balances with Popular Brands
- JCPenney Black Friday 2021
- How to Get a Stimulus Check from the Federal Government
- The Ultimate List of Brands That Offer Student Discounts
- Find Free Grocery Coupons Online: Printable, Apps and More
- Top 8 Weird Ways to Make Money
- Survey Rewards: What Sites To Visit
- Online Research Jobs
- 15 of the Best Ways to Make Money on the Side in 2020-2021
- AutoZone Coupons