Black Friday iPad Deals 2022
When it comes to holidays and other special events, tablets and iPads are a popular gift. iPads consistently top the top 10 lists of curated gift lists and wish lists. While Apple is a high-quality brand not known for offering massive sales and clearance deals, it is possible to find great prices on iPads for Black Friday sales. Especially given the many retailers who sell Apple iPads and other Apple products.
Are iPads cheaper on Black Friday?
Yes, iPads are cheaper on Black Friday and this holiday is the best time of year to buy a new iPad. While Apple itself isn’t known for offering sales and deep discounts, plenty of third-party retailers sell iPads. Retailers compete fiercely to offer the best iPad Black Friday deals and lure in customers.
From Target and Walmart to Macy’s and Kohl’s to Best Buy and Newegg, you can find cheap iPad deals.
Black Friday iPad deals tend to be for older generation models, or part of trade-in deals. For new iPad models, retailers may offer more modest discounts or free gift cards with your iPad purchase.
Check out some of these merchants during Black Friday for the latest deals:
- Amazon Black Friday
- Best Buy Black Friday
- Costco Black Friday
- Newegg Black Friday
- Staples Black Friday
- Target Black Friday
- T-Mobile Black Friday
- Verizon Black Friday
- Walmart Black Friday
Does Amazon have Black Friday deals on iPads?
Yes, Amazon has great Black Friday iPad deals. In recent years, including Black Friday 2020, Amazon led the pack among retailers. Amazon offered the best discounts on new (and newer) model iPads, both in the United States and United Kingdom.
Last season, Amazon offered what many tech insiders considered the season’s best iPad deal:$299 for a 10.2-inch Apple iPad that was merely weeks old.
What generation iPad are we on now?
For the regular iPad (the latest model of the original iPad released in 2010), we are on the 8th generation.
Here’s the breakdown of the most current iPad generation for every type of iPad:
- Apple iPad: 8th generation (1st generation released April 2020)
- Apple iPad Mini: 5th generation (1st generation released November 2012)
- Apple iPad Pro: 5th generation (1st generation released November 2015)
- Apple iPad Air: 4th generation (1st generation released: November 2013)
Which is the cheapest iPad?
The cheapest iPad, on the Apple.com website, is the iconic original iPad. Prices start from $329 depending on speed and storage.
Here’s the breakdown of the cheapest iPad, by model, as listed on Apple
- Apple iPad: from $329
- Apple iPad Mini: from $399
- Apple iPad Air: from $599
- Apple iPad Pro: from $799
What’s the difference between the iPad and iPad Air?
There are a number of key differences between the iPad and iPad Air – and among the four different iPad models.
- iPad: 10.2″ retina display
- iPad Mini: 7.9″ retina display
- iPad Air: 10.9″ liquid retina display
- 12.9- liquid retina XDR display or 11″ liquid retina display
Liquid retina display provides better visuals than a regular retina display. It can display more PPI (pixels per inch) giving you a richer, higher resolution visual display. The liquid retina XDR display has the best display yet, providing the maximum image density and brightness.
Larger display sizes, like the 12.9 inch iPad Pro or 10.2 inch standard iPad are going to offer more screen real estate. But a smaller iPad mini is still going to have a decently large screen and be lighter weight and your most portable iPad.
- iPad: 10.2″ A12 Bionic chip
- iPad Mini:A12 Bionic chip
- iPad Air: A14 Bionic chip
- iPad Pro: M1 chip
A12 chips are already rather powerful, giving the iPad good speed, good visuals, and the ability to run multiple activities or applications at the same time. The A14 cheap is more powerful yet, giving your iPad enhanced performance.
The M1 chip is Apple’s most powerful central processing unit yet, with up to 3.5x faster CPU performance (speed) and 6x faster GPU performance (graphics and display).
- The A12 bionic chip is good performance.
- The A14 bionic chip is better performance yet.
- The M1 chip has the best performance.
Connector (Charger input)
- iPad: Lightning connector
- iPad Mini: Lightning connector
- iPad Air: USB-C connector
- iPad Pro: USBC-connector with support for Thunderbolt, USB 4
Network – 5G vs 4G LTE
- iPad: 4G LTE cellular
- iPad Mini: 4G LTE cellular
- iPad Air: 4G LTE cellular
- iPad Pro: 5G cellular
With 5G network, higher amounts of data can be transmitted more quickly and more efficiently than 4G LTE. That means faster downloads and support for more connected devices than ever before. 5G can reach speeds 10 to 20 times faster than 4G LTE.
The 4G LTE network provides connectivity to most current cellphones, iPads, and tablets now. But in 2019, many cellular companies began deploying 5G or fifth generator technology for their networks.
Apple Pencil Compatibility
- iPad: First generation Apple Pencil
- iPad Mini: First generation Apple Pencil
- iPad Air: Second generation Apple Pencil
- iPad Pro: Second generation Apple Pencil
- iPad: Compatible with smart keyboard
- iPad Mini: Compatible with Bluetooth keyboard
- iPad Air: Compatible with the Apple Magic Keyboard and Smart Keyboard Folio
- iPad Pro: Compatible with the Apple Magic Keyboard and Smart Keyboard Folio
- iPad: 1.08 lbs (17.28 oz)
- iPad Mini: 0.66 lbs ( 10.56 oz)
- iPad Air: 1.02 lbs (16.32 oz)
- iPad Pro: 1.03 lbs (16.48 oz)
Do Apple products ever go on sale?
Apple products go periodically go on sale, but the Apple retailer itself rarely discounts their products – especially their most current product releases.
For Black Friday, Apple will have some promotions.
Third-party retailers will run occasional deals. Typically these sales prices are for older generations, or more modest amounts like $10 to $50 off. Or free gift cards with purchase is a common promotion. Here are some current and past Apple sales offered by third-party retailers.
Apple Deals and Sales
- $169 Apple Watch Series 3 (save $110)
- $299 Apple iPad Mini (save $106)
- $799 Apple iPad Pro 11-inch (save $100)
- Up to $250 an iPhone when you switch to AT&T Wireless
- Best Buy
- $899 Apple iPad Pro 12.9-inch (save $100)
- $259 Apple iPad 10.2-inch (save $200)
- $180 Apple AirPods Pro (save $60)
- $115 Apple AirPods 2019 (save $45)
- $329 Apple Watch 6 (save $70)
- $249 Apple Watch SE (save $30)
- $1,098 Apple Macbook Pro 13″ 2020 (save $202)
Additionally, you can get 2% (or more) cash back on your purchase at Apple.com through Swagbucks. You can also get a free $10 gift card on your purchase of $25 or more on Apple.com. The $10 gift card is for new members of Swagbucks, or existing members making their first purchase in the Swagbucks shopping portal.