Mindful Chef is a meal kit and recipe box company based in the UK. The company uses subscriptions to promote healthy eating with gluten-free, locally sourced foods. It also works toward promoting zero food waste and to help feed every child living in poverty by providing a meal to a child with every meal sold.
What Meals Does Mindful Chef Do?
You will find a wide range of meals with Mindful Chef including vegetarian/vegan options, recipe boxes, frozen, ready meals, smoothie pouches, breakfast options, broths and soups, snacks, and even healthy desserts. Some examples of the foods:
- Tikka Smoked Tofu Skewers with Apple Slaw
- Bayette Steaks and Broccoli in Hoisin Sauce
- Kung Pao Chicken with Spicy Cucumber Slaw
Smoothies come in packs of 5 to 12 in flavors including Watermelon/Chia, Matcha/Coconut, and Cucumber Melon.
What Do You Get in a Mindful Chef Box?
Each Mindful Chef box comes with everything you need for the recipe except for oils, salt, and pepper. You can also add your own additional spices if you would like. Inside of the box will be:
- A protein which could be beef, pork, chicken, turkey, fish, or tofu
- Complex carbohydrates
- Local, fresh vegetables
- A recipe booklet so that you know exactly what to make and how
- All protein is backed in a cool bag so that it remains safe and fresh
What Are Some Mindful Chef Alternatives?
- Marley Spoon
- Green Chef
Pricing and availability for each of these recipe box companies will vary by location, choice of plan, and other factors. Coupon codes and special pricing may be available.
Can You Freeze Mindful Chef Meals?
There is a frozen foods option available which is a standalone service apart from the recipe box subscription. If you want to freeze the items that come with your regular box, you can do so with some of the foods but may lose quality with others.
All of the meat and fish can be frozen as you would with anything you purchased from a supermarket, for example. Some of the vegetables could possibly be frozen using whatever method you normally would. Other vegetables including salad greens are best consumed fresh and as quickly as possible.
Tofu can also be frozen if you are not going to eat it right away. Tofu will stay fresh in the fridge for up to 5 days. It can be stored in the freezer for as long as six months before it starts losing quality.
Is There a Minimum Order with Mindful Chef?
No, there is not a minimum order with Mindful Chef. You can also skip shipments whenever you would like or pause them for as long as eight weeks at a time. If you are going to be pausing for longer than that, it is advised that you cancel your current subscription and then resubscribe when you are ready to resume.
You can add frozen foods and smoothies to any order or you can choose to order these items on their own. You do not have to have a subscription plan to order these choices.
How Much is Mindful Chef?
Customers have a ton of options when it comes to Mindful Chef foods and plans. The cost varies by how many people you are buying for (the more the merrier, and it’s cheaper), the meals that you select, and whether they are frozen or fresh meals.
- Delivery is free for all recipe box orders
- There is a small delivery fee for small frozen orders. Free delivery is available for larger orders
- Family box – from £4.25 (based on 2 adults & 2-3 children)
- 2 person box – from £5.50
- 1 person box – from £8.50
How Can You Save Money on Mindful Chef or Other Meal Delivery Services?
Every meal delivery service has a way to save money. With Mindful Chef, you start with savings at Swagbucks and get the added benefit of getting cashback.
Additionally, you save money on this and other meal services by:
- Utilizing introductory offers, free trials, and bonus buys whenever they are available
- Always choose services that offer free delivery
- Avoid companies that stretch foods with cheap fillers, lower-quality meat, and fish, or use questionable resources
- Whenever possible, order the larger amounts which will drive your cost down, and give you food for the future if you need it. Remember, it is fairly easy to freeze the average protein and then thaw it when you need it.
- Split the cost of a subscription with a friend or nearby relative so that you can both have delightful, healthy dishes without having to do a ton of cooking during the week. Two single people could order the family boxes and then divide the food.
Final Thoughts on Mindful Chef
Mindful Chef is a good idea for busy people, families that need encouragement to eat for better health, and those who are just not great at cooking. You can have a delicious meal without having to be a good cook. Not only do you get the good food, but other people do too as Mindful Chef donates a meal for every meal that is sold. Your meal could be helping to feed a child living in poverty.
There are tons of options to choose from, perfect to suit any taste and you won’t find refined carbs here. The service is easy to work with and you can cancel anytime directly from your account without hassle. Even if you cancel, you are still able to order frozen foods and smoothies if you would like. The current promotion saves money on the first two boxes, so it is a perfect time to give Mindful Chef a try. You only have your hunger to lose.
- The Ten Best Ways to Get Free College Classes in 2021
- What is my Starbucks Gift Card Balance
- 10 Best Ways to Earn Amazon Gift Cards for Free Online
- Secret hacks to get free Starbucks gift cards
- How to Get People to Send You Money: A Guide to Crowdfunding
- Product Tester: How to Get Paid to Test Products at Home
- Guide to Valentine’s Day Specials and Deals 2020
- Mother’s Day Specials and Freebies
- What is Direct Sales and What are the Top 10 Direct Sales Companies?
- 3 Must Know Ways to Make Money on Instagram
- All About Air Fryers: 6 Best Ones for All Kinds of Budgets and Needs
- Mystery Shopping: How to Make Money & Avoid Scams