Verizon: Black Friday, Cyber Monday, and Other Ways to Save
By: Stacy Garrels | November 24th 2021
Verizon is popular wireless network operator in the United States. Headquartered in New Jersey, Verizon’s national network covers nearly 99% of the U.S. population.
Plenty of consumers pass by a Verizon store everyday – to pick out a new smartphone or shop for a new phone coverage plan. Find the best Verizon coupons and deals at Swagbucks
In addition to providing consumers with phones and wireless phone service, Wireless also offers:
- Wireless home phone services
- Mobile W-Fi, broadband
- 4G LTE network coverage in rural counties
- Wireless solutions for companies through its Verizon Business division
Does Verizon have Black Friday specials?
Yes, Verizon offers spectacular Black Friday specials. Verizon’s deals for Black Friday tend to focus around:
- Trade-in promotions
- BOGO (Buy One Get One) sales for phones and phone accessories
- Free phones with the purchase of a data plan
- Get $20 to $25 cash back from Swagbucks when you add an additional line, purchase a pre-paid service, or sign a new Verizon contract.
Free phones (with the purchase of data plans) is an especially sweet deal. Verizon and other providers love using Black Friday deals as a means to funnel more consumers onto their data plans.
Based on Black Friday deals for 2020 and 2019, we have a good picture of what’s ahead.
Here’s what to expect for 2021 Verizon deals:
Top Verizon Black Friday Deals for iPhones
- Save $350 on the Apple iPhone 11 Pro, plus up to $950 with trade-in and switch to Verizon.
- Save $700 on Apple iPhone 12, 12 Mini, 12 Pro, and 12 Pro Max – with trade-in and switching to Verizon.
- Free iPhone when you switch to Verizon. Customers get a $400 Verizon gift card with every iPhone purchase. So if you switch to Verizon and trade in an old model, you can essentially get a a free device.
- Save up to $200 when you buy an iPhone and an iPad or Tablet. This is a great savings for people who are not trading in an old phone.
- Get the Apple iPhone XR for $5 a month when you switch to a Verizon unlimited plan. While the iPhone XR is a more dated generation, many consumers swear by this oldie but goodie. It’s great for people who just want a quality smartphone, Apple or otherwise.
- Apple iPhone SE Buy-One-Get-One free BOGO. You don’t need a new Verizon plan for this deal, just a new line. You’re scoring a backup device for a cost of about $16 to $17 a month (over 24 months).
- Get $20 to $25 cash back from Swagbucks for your Verizon service with your Apple device when you add an additional line, purchase a pre-paid service, or sign a new Verizon contract.
Top Verizon Black Friday Deals for Androids
- Save $300 on the Google Pixel 5, plus an additional $550 with trade-in and adding a new unlimited plan. Purchase the Pixel 5 online, with new unlimited plan, to get the deal. And you can get an additional $550 off with your trade-in.
- Free Android phone when you switch to Verizon. Switch to Verizon and you’ll get a $400 Verizon gift card which can effectively be liking scoring a free phone.
- Save $300 on the Samsung Galaxy S20, plus an additional $550 with trade-in and new unlimited plan at Verizon.
- Save $300 on the Samsung Galaxy Note 20, plus an additional $550 with trade-in and new unlimited plan at Verizon.
- Save $300 on the Samsung Galaxy Note 20, plus an additional $550 with trade-in and new unlimited plan at Verizon.
- Save $300 on the Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra, plus an additional $550 with trade-in and new unlimited plan at Verizon.
- Get $20 to $25 cash back from Swagbucks for your Verizon service with your new Android device when you add an additional line, purchase a pre-paid service, or sign a new Verizon contract.
Does Verizon have any Cyber Monday deals?
Yes, Verizon has promos for Cyber Monday too, in addition to their Black Friday deals. There is some overlap in their deals since both sales holidays tend to blur into one long Black Friday weekend. But based on Cyber Monday deals for 2020, we have a good idea of what’s up ahead.
What to Expect for Verizon Deals for Cyber Monday 2021
- Buy One Get One Free Apple iPhone 12: with a new, unlimited cellular service plan.
- Save $250 on Apple iPhone: when you switch to Verizon, get $250 in free Verizon gift cards. Depending on the phone you select, this could even mean a free device.
- Save up to $600 on iPhone XS Max Sliver and free Apple Watch (series 3).
- Save $50 on iPhoneX.
- Save $450 on iPhone XS Max with new unlimited Verizon plan.
- Save up to $850 on Google Pixel 5: save $300 with your new device and new unlimited plan, plus save up to additional $550 with your trade-in.
- Get a Google Pixel 4a for $5 a month: when you select or switch to a new unlimited plan.
- Get 50% off JBL Link 10 Voice-Activated Speaker + free shipping.
- Get 50% off iPhone 11 with a new line.
- Free Echo Dot and Amazon Smart Plug AND up to $750 on trade-in when you switch to Verizon unlimited plan.
- Buy a Gizmo device, get a free $75 gift card to Verizon.
- Get $20 to $25 cash back from Swagbucks for your Verizon service when you add an additional line, purchase a pre-paid service, or sign a new Verizon contract.
Is Verizon open on Thanksgiving?
Most Verizon stores are closed on Thanksgiving Day. You may find a local Verizon store near you open, but almost all of them are going to be closed.
- Day before Thanksgiving (November 24th): Regular store hours
- Thanksgiving Day: Stores are closed
- Black Friday (November 26th): Stores open at 8 am. (Store hours at your local Verizon store may vary, but most will open at 8 am.)
Is Black Friday a good time to buy a cell phone?
If you’re searching for a new cell phone, Black Friday is probably the best time to pounce. Black Friday deals are ample and generous:
- BOGO’s or Buy One Get One deals: on Apple phones and other devices
- Generous trade-ins: up to $950
- Free gift cards with purchase: Up to $400 from Verizon, and other retailers like Target and Costco offering free gift cards of $350 to $550.
To be eligible for many of these deals, you’ll need to be open to switching plans or carriers. It could mean a 60-minute hassle in store, and then more time migrating data to your new phone or backing it up to the cloud. You can making switching phones or carriers go smoothly.
- Ask the store associate to do the data migration for you, switching over your contacts and backing up photos and other files.
- Be prepared to carve 1-2 hours out of your schedule to stop into a Verizon store and switch carriers and set up your plan. Don’t do it when you’re rushed. This is not a great lunch break activity, as you’re going to wind up very late, or stressed, trying to cram this into a 25-60 minute window.
- Be willing to spend some time updating your new phone with contacts and data files. It’s something you can do while bingeing TV.
It’s really about managing your expectations. You will have to leave your couch. It’s not a 20-minute errand. And even if, doomsday scenario, you invest up to 5 hours in the venture, you could still be saving up to $950 – that’s like $190 an hour for your time (which would be $395K a year.)
Does Cyber Monday have good deals?
When it comes to Cyber Monday, you can tremendously good deals on iPhones, Androids, and other smartphones and wireless technology devices. Some of Verizon’s best Cyber Monday deals have been getting a free Apple Watch (series 3) with select purchases, BOOG (buy one get one) deals for iPhones, and up to $850 off Google Pixels, and free gift cards (up to $250) with eligible purchases.
Do phone prices drop during Black Friday?
Yes, you will see phone prices drop during Black Friday. Black Friday phone discounts tend to work a few different ways.
- $50 to $500 off older phone models (unlocked). Great option for those who want just smartphones and high tech portable devices, and don’t necessarily need a new smartphone line.
- Up to $950 off for trade-ins. Verizon and other providers tend to always offer some sort of trade-in deal for your old device, but they’re even more generous on or around Black Friday weekend.
- Get new model smartphones new – or steeply discounted with gift card rebates and top dollar for trading in your old phone. You’ll almost always need to change carriers (phone service providers), add a new line, or upgrade to an unlimited data plan. But it’s a great way to get the latest deals on the latest phone models – without having to wait a year or so for the prices to start to drop.
Does Verizon have any trade-in deals?
Yes, Verizon virtually always has a trade-in deal or promotion going.
Ongoing Trade In Deals
- New Verizon customers: Trade in your phone phone towards a new phone, Verizon gift card, account credit, or PayPal credit.
- Existing Verizon customers: Trade in your phone for credit towards a new phone purchase or credit to your existing Verizon account. You can also trade in an old iPad or tablet.
- Some of the new phones you can trade in for with only $35 due upfront:
- Galaxy Z Flip3 5G: 128GB
- Galaxy Z Fold3 5G: 256GB or 512GB
- iPhone SE (2020) 64GB
- iPhone 11 64GB
Black Friday and Cyber Monday Trade-In Deals
Verizon Black Friday deals are more generous, with Black Friday referring to the Black Friday weekend through Cyber Monday or Cyber Week.
- Up to $950 on your trade in when purchasing a new Apple phone (select models) and switching to Verizon.
- Up to $550 on your trade in when purchasing a new Samsung, Google Pixel, or other Android device and switching to Verizon.
- Up to $750 for your trade in AND get a free Echo Dot and Amazon Smart Plug.
What streaming service is free with Verizon?
Verizon free streaming services to member with eligible, unlimited plans.
- Disney+, ESPN+, and Hulu – often referred to as “The Disney Bundle“
- Apple Arcade
- Google Play Pass
- Apple Music
- World of Tanks
These free streaming services are offered for free from 6 months to 12 months, depending on the plan.
Business accounts and prepaid accounts are not eligible for the Disney Bundle. Verizon members who do not have an eligible plan, and do not wish to upgrade, can get The Disney Bundle at discounted rates from $6/per month.
If you’re interested in just the Hulu, Disney+, ESPN bundle that’s $13.99 a month, you can sign up for the bundle through Swagbucks and get a cash back rebate of $8 to $20.
As a cheaper option, you can purchase The Disney Bundle (Hulu, Disney+, ESPN) at an annual rate of $79.99 a year on Swagbucks (nearly a 26% savings), and then get $12.50 back. With the discount rate and cash back rebate, this makes your annual Disney Bundle $5.63 a month (or $67.50) a year. at $5.63 a month, you’re saving 60% off your EPSN, Hulu, Disney+ bundle at the regular $13.99 a month price.
What’s Verizon’s cheapest plan?
Verizon offers a number of data plans, ranging from ultra cheap to triple-figures.
Verizon Prepaid Plans
- $25 per month prepaid 5GB plan: Verizon’s cheapest plan. The plan offers 5G access and mobile hotspotting at a bargain price tag.
- $35 per month prepaid 15GB plan: 15GB plan offers more data than the 5GB plan and free calls in North America, including Canada and Mexico.
- $50 per month prepaid unlimited plan: includes 5G access and free calls and texts in North America (including Canada and Mexico). For mobile hotspotting, there’s a $5 upcharge each month.
- $65 per month prepaid unlimited wideband plan: Users have access to a premium network with greater speeds, free calls and texts in North America (including Mexico and Canada), and unlimited mobile hotspotting.
Verizon Shared Data Plans
- $55 per month 5GB shared data plan: includes full 5G access on the Verizon premium network, but no streaming service or cloud storage perks. 5GB is fairly limited data, and is best for those who are only using phone for browsing and checking emails.
- 1 line: $55/month
- 2 lines: $80/month
- 3 lines: $105/month
- $65 per month 10 GB shared data plan: more data for those who are looking to share their data on multiple devices with other family or household members. Again, this is best for non-streaming activities. The plan offers full access on the Verizon premium network, but no streaming services or cloud storage perks.
- 1 line: $65/month
- 2 lines: $90/month
- 3 lines: $115/month
Verizon Unlimited Data Plans
- $70 month for Verizon Start Unlimited: Basic postpaid plan from Verizon that gives unlimited data on the Verizon network and unlimited calls and texts. The plan doesn’t offer any free streaming perks though.
- 1 line: $70/month
- 2 lines: $120/month
- 3 lines: $135/month
- $80 month for Verizon Do More Unlimited: Good option for people running small business from home, or who are running a number of smart home devices. It also includes 600GB of Verizon cloud storage and a 50% off connected device plan.
- 1 line: $80/month
- 2 lines: $140/month
- 3 lines: $165/month
- $90 month for Verizon Get More Unlimited: All the perks of the Start Unlimited and Do More Unlimited plans, plus 600GB of cloud storage, 50% off connect device plans, and full unlimited access to ESPN+, Hulu, Disney+, Apple Music, and other including streaming services.
What Other Stores Have the Best Deals on Black Friday?
Other retailers and hot deals you should hit up during the holiday season include:
- Academy Black Friday
- Amazon Black Friday
- Bed Bath and Beyond Black Friday
- Bath and Body Works Black Friday
- Best Buy Black Friday
- Cabela’s Black Friday
- Costco Black Friday
- Dell Black Friday
- GameStop Black Friday
- Harbor Freight Black Friday
- Hobby Lobby Black Friday
- Home Depot Black Friday
- Hulu Black Friday
- IKEA Black Friday
- JCPenney Black Friday
- Kohl’s Black Friday
- Lowe’s Black Friday
- Lululemon Black Friday
- Macy’s Black Friday
- Menards Black Friday
- Newegg Black Friday
- Nike Black Friday
- Old Navy Black Friday
- Ollie’s Bargain Outlet Black Friday
- Sam’s Club Black Friday
- Sephora Black Friday
- Staples Black Friday
- Steam Sale for Black Friday
- Target Black Friday
- Tractor Supply Black Friday
- T-Mobile Black Friday
- Ulta Black Friday
- UGG Black Friday
- Vans Black Friday
- Verizon Black Friday
- Victoria’s Secret Black Friday
- Walmart Black Friday
- Wayfair Black Friday
- Yeti Black Friday
- Black Friday Airpod Deals
- Black Friday Apple Deals
- Black Friday iPad Deals
- Black Friday Laptop Deals
- Black Friday Gaming Chairs
- Black Friday Phone Deals
- Black Friday PS4 Deals
- Black Friday TV Deals
- Nintendo Switch Black Friday
- How to Make Money Investing: Get Started with Just $100
- The 6 Best Investing Apps for 2020
- How to Get Out of Debt Quickly: 5 Steps to Reduce What You Owe
- How to Start a Blog and Make Money in 6 Steps
- The Best Way to Invest – Even If You Only Have $100
- Chime is the Bank of the Future: Do it All from Your Couch
- 23 Easy as pie ways to make money in 2021
- What is CBD Oil: Your Guide to This Popular Product
- 21+ Ways to Make Money as a Student: Side Hustles, Apps, & More
- Proofreading Jobs: 7 Places to Get Started
- How Much Does It Cost to Own a Car? The True Cost Explained
- Guide to Best Mother’s Day Brunches