Ways to Get a Free Amazon Gift Card
It’s true: you can get a free Amazon gift card. There are different apps, rewards sites, and side hustles you can use to get free Amazon gift cards for $10, $20, $50, or even more.
This post will give a quick outline of the easiest ways to get a free Amazon gift card. You can use an Amazon gift card to purchase anything the online retailer sells.
We’ll dig into the best way to get free gift cards or gift vouchers, and also cover some common FAQs about Amazon gift cards.
How Can I Get a Free Amazon Gift Card?
There are a number of rewards sites and rewards apps where you can earn free gift cards.
- Swagbucks: Take paid surveys, play games, scan receipts, and search the web to earn free gift cards for Amazon and other popular stores. Swagbucks is a great way to earn in your spare time, like when you’re sitting on the couch and streaming your favorite show.
- Tada: Shop online and scan receipts of your store purchases (including pharmacy and gas station) to earn free cash and free Amazon gift cards.
- MyPoints: Earn points (cash back rebates) for shopping online at over 1,000 popular stores. Redeem your points for free PayPal cash, a prepaid Visa gift card, or a free Amazon gift card.
- InboxDollars: Read emails, play games, take paid surveys, and complete other small online tasks to earn extra money. Redeem your earnings for an Amazon gift card, PayPal cash, or a check in the mail. A new member starter bonus, you get five dollars free when you sign up.
- Receipt Hog: Works by rewarding you with virtual coins for snapping pictures of your grocery receipts and uploading them. Must purchase specific featured items, with the lineup of eligible goods regularly changing.
- Drop App: This cash back shopping app lets you earn points for shopping at your favorite stores. Redeem your points for eGift cards for popular stores.
- Ibotta: Earn cash back for purchasing featured items at eligible merchants and supermarkets like Target, Walmart, Kroger’s, or Walgreens. Redeem your cash back for a free Amazon gift card. Watching videos (product ads) unlocks many of the earning opportunities, so make sure your Internet connection is strong when you use the app.
- Shopkick: The Shopkick app rewards you for visiting stores (must check in), scanning select product barcodes, and/or purchasing select featured items on promotion (with no promo code required). Get points or “kicks” for these activities.
- Honey: Honey is a free browser extension for cash back shopping. Save money and earn Honey Gold when you make purchases from eligible retailers (on their third party sites). Redeem your Honey Gold for a free Amazon gift card or other rewards.
- Survey Junkie: A popular and reputable survey site where you can earn free money, Amazon cash (gift cards), and other rewards for completing surveys online. While it is one of the better survey sites you’ll find, earning activities are restricted. The only way to earn is by doing surveys which may get a bit tedious.
- KashKick: This free app will pay you Amazon gift cards or free PayPal cash when you watch videos, take surveys, or complete various tasks online.
How Can I Get a Free Amazon Gift Card Without Surveys?
Taking surveys is a great way to go about earning Amazon gift cards, but it’s definitely not the only way.
Almost all of the platforms we’ve mentioned for earning gift cards offer ways to earn a free Amazon gift card without doing online surveys.
Here’s a more in-depth overview of Swagbucks and Tata since they offer, arguably, the most different ways to earn.
- Swagbucks: In addition to surveys, you can earn a free Amazon gift card for dining out, using Rx coupons, shopping online (cash back rebates at 10,000+ stores), playing games, searching the web, installing new apps (freemium), exploring the best deals on the web, and more. You can even earn gift cards, for free, for buying gift cards. Buy discounted gift cards (3% to 30% off) on Swagbucks’ partner site, MyGiftCardsPlus, and earn cash back rebates up to 10% .Cash out those shopping rewards for free gift cards to popular retailers, free PayPal cash, or free cryptocurrency.
- Tada: Earn cash for snapping a pic of your receipts and submitting them. Since you can do it all from your phone, it’s an easy way to earn more money. Earn cash and free Amazon gift cards for buying gas (at eligible gas station stores, including most all national chains) and in-store purchases at pharmacies and grocery stores.
Earning with either of these rewards sites is a no-brainer, because you’re already doing these activities. You’re already searching the web, buying gift cards, shopping online, and making supermarket purchases. If you’re not claiming cash back for these activities, you’re literally throwing away free money.
Is Amazon Giving Away a Free Gift Card?
Amazon is not giving away free gift cards. There have been repeat scams over the years stating Amazon is giving away a free promotional credit to encourage more traffic to the Amazon platform. But you can get gift cards from Amazon.com for its trade-in program.
How Does the Amazon Trade-In Program Work?
Amazon does have a trade-in program where you can trade in your old devices in exchange for an Amazon.com gift card and up to 25% off a qualifying new Amazon device. Trade in cell phones, laptops, game consoles, tablets, iPads, and more.
You answer a questionnaire about your item and its condition, then receive a quote. You can ship it in for free (print a free shipping label) and then you will get your Amazon gift card and a promotional code to put towards a qualifying new device.
The Amazon gift card is an electronic or eGift card. The gift card balance will automatically get applied to your overall Amazon balance for your account online.
The program is available to all Amazon shoppers; you do not need to be a Prime Member to take advantage of the trade-in program.
How Can I Get a $150 Amazon Gift Card?
Short of winning a free gift card in a legitimate contest (i.e. a raffle at your work) or getting one for your birthday, you’d have to buy one or earn one.
Where to Earn a $150 Amazon Gift Card
You can earn Amazon gift cards on rewards sites like Swagbucks, InboxDollars, MyPoints, Tada, Survey Junkie, Receipt Hog, or Honey.
Where to Buy a $150 Amazon Gift Card
Amazon gift cards are sold at over 400 retailers nationwide. Some retailers may only sell gift cards for lower increments (i.e. for $25 or $50), but you could buy $150 worth of gift cards to get the needed Amazon gift total.
Here are some of the retailers where you can buy Amazon gift cards.
Stores That Sell Amazon Gift Cards
- Casey’s General Store
- Circle K
- Dollar General
- Family Dollar
- Fred Meyer
- Office Depot / Office Max
- Whole Foods
What is the Code for an Amazon Gift Card?
The claim code for an Amazon gift card is a redemption card printed on the back side of a physical card.
An Amazon gift card claim code is 14 or 15 characters long and typically contains both letters and digits (for example FD25-NJ11J-MNF06). You cannot redeem any other vouchers digit promotional codes with a different character length on the Amazon page for gift card redemptions.
If you have a plastic Amazon card, you will need to remove protective coating on the back of the card to display the claim code. If you purchased a printed claim code in a store, the claim code is found on the receipt issued at the point of sale.
Next to the code, you’ll see two arrows pointing towards an image of a camera and a gift box.
If you have an electronic Amazon gift card, the Amazon gift card code will be emailed to you.
To redeem your Amazon gift card code, it’s easy.
- Log into your Amazon account and click on your profile. On the website, it’s in the upper right corner. In the app, it’s the person icon in the lower center.
- Go to “Gift cards.” In the app, keep scrolling down the page until you see “Gift Card Balance” in bold text. Below that, there is an option to “Redeem Gift Card”. On Amazon.com, you would click “Account”, then click “Gift Cards”, and then click “Redeem a Gift Card.”
- Provide your claim code. Then select “Apply to your balance”.
Funds on the Amazon gift card will now be applied to your Amazon gift card balance. Use these funds to shop the entire online catalog of products that Amazon sells, including those from any other seller that is selling on the Amazon marketplace.
Can You Use Amazon Gift Cards to Pay for an Amazon Prime Membership?
Technically, the answer is no. You cannot pay for your Prime membership with those free Amazon gift cards you’ve been hoarding. Amazon is encouraging you to link your debit card or bank account to make it easier for you to keep spending and to renew your membership when it expires.
But there is a workaround! You can give yourself the Gift of Prime using your gift card balance.
- Cancel any existing Prime membership you already have (including any free trial).
- Set up a new account (new email) and go to the Gift of prime page.
- Purchase the Gift of Prime and gift it to yourself (with the email address you were previously using for Amazon, or a different email address from the one used in step 2.)
- 27 Restaurants Where Kids Eat Free
- How to Make Money on Etsy: What to Sell & How to Start
- 9 Easy Ways to Invest Money & Get Paid in 2020
- The Ultimate List of Brands That Offer Student Discounts
- 10 Best Work From Home & Online Jobs to Earn Money in 2021
- 2020 Kohl’s Black Friday Deals, Sale, & Store Hours
- How Much Can You Make from Swagbucks?
- All About Black Friday & How to Get This Year’s Best Black Friday Deals
- Robinhood Crypto Wallet
- How Can I Make $100 A Day?
- Black Friday phones 2021
- Hacks to Get Shein Gift Cards