1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Purchase, payment, or clicks on search or sponsored results of any kind will NOT improve your chances of winning, nor will they result in additional Sweepstakes entries.
2. PARTICIPATING SITES. The "Search Engine Sweepstakes" (the "Sweepstakes") is offered on sites owned and operated by Prodege, LLC ("Sponsor"). For a list of participating sites (each a "Participating Site") visit www.swagsites.com. Each Participating Site Sweepstakes, including prizes available, is separate from Sweepstakes offered on other Participating Sites, but these Official Rules shall govern all Participating Site Sweepstakes.
3. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD. On an ongoing basis until terminated by Sponsor, each Sweepstakes shall begin at 12:00:01 a.m. Pacific Standard Time ("PST") the first day of each month and end at 11:59:59 p.m. (PST) on the last day of the month (the "Sweepstakes Period"), except the Sweepstakes Period for the Swagbucks.com Sweepstakes shall begin at 12:00:01 a.m. PST and end at 1:00:01 a.m. PST the same day and recur every hour. Each Sweepstakes will automatically renew at the end of the applicable Sweepstakes Period, until canceled. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel a Sweepstakes on any Participating Site at any time without notice, but Swag Bucks awarded as a prize DO NOT EXPIRE at the end of the Sweepstakes Period, but must be redeemed within two years from the date of issuance after which time they will be null and void. Accounts that have not been logged into for six months or more are deemed inactive and Swagbucks earned in these accounts are null and void. These Official Rules may be amended in Sponsor's sole discretion for each new Sweepstakes Period, so check back often.
4. ELIGIBILITY. Each Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia and Canada (excluding Quebec) who are at least thirteen (13) years of age as of the date of entry, and legal residents of the United Kingdom, age sixteen (16) years of age or older as of the date of entry. The Sweepstakes is limited to entries originating from within the 50 United States or the District of Columbia, Canada (excluding Quebec) and the United Kingdom. Subject to all applicable federal, state, provincial, and local laws and regulations. Void in Quebec and wherever restricted or prohibited by law. Employees and directors of Sponsor, its affiliates and/or promotional partners (collectively "Promotion Parties") and members of their immediate families together with whom such employees are domiciled are not eligible to enter or win. "Immediate family" is defined as parents, siblings, children or spouse. No entry may be made on behalf of third parties. If any winner is deemed a minor in the jurisdiction of his/her residence, the winner will need parental consent in order enter the Sweepstakes and to be awarded the Prize or the Prize may be awarded to his/her parent/legal guardian (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion). The Sponsor reserves the right to request proof of age or identity.
5. ENTRANT/ONE ACCOUNT PER PERSON. You ("Entrant") may not enter with multiple identities and may only enter a Sweepstakes for one Participating Site. Any Entrant who attempts to circumvent these Sweepstakes Rules by entering with multiple identities, at multiple Participating Sites, or using any device or method to circumvent these limitations will be disqualified. In the event of a dispute regarding the identify of an Entrant, Entrant will be deemed the name appearing on the online registration form.
6. HOW IT WORKS. Visit a Participating Site, enter a search term using the Prodege-powered Search Services ("Search Services") and hit the "search" button to enter. Each legitimate search constitutes an entry, but you must enter a different search term for each entry. See Rule 7 if you are randomly selected to receive a Swag Bucks ("Prize") icon while searching; a computer-automated prize selection system will randomly determine which search entries will receive a Prize icon. Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries during the Sweepstakes Period at each Participating Site. The browser through which you access Sponsor's website to enter must accept cookies or any similar, successor, known, or hereinafter devised technology which Sponsor does or may use to track Sweepstakes entries. Sponsor will not disclose any cookie results to third parties except as required under statute, court order, warrant, subpoena, or any other legal process. Due to the large number of entries received, numerous searches and/or clicking on search results will not significantly increase your likelihood of winning. Use of any robotic, automatic, programmed or similar entry method or searches that are not deemed by the Sponsor to represent legitimate use of the Search Services will void all entries and result in disqualification. Such non-legitimate uses include, but are not limited to: searches for letters of the alphabet, random numbers, or other irrelevant search queries; searches for the same word or phrase; any other searches which do not appear to represent a legitimate use of the Search Services. Changing of cookies will result in disqualification from contest. Caution. Any attempt by an Entrant or other user to deliberately damage or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes, or to detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information may be in violation of criminal and/or civil laws and will result in disqualification of such Entrant. Should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages, including attorney's fees, from any such Entrant or participant to the fullest extent of the law, up to and including criminal prosecution.
7. HOW TO CLAIM A PRIZE. If you receive a Swag Bucks icon ("Prize Notification"), you must reply within five (5) minutes by clicking the "CLAIM MY PRIZE" button. You must then login to your user account at the Participating Site on which you received the Prize Notification (or create a free user account if you do not already have one by submitting your name, age, city, state, province, or country, and email address, and record your Prize Notification as instructed within one (1) hour of receipt of the Prize Notification and Sponsor will validate your entry. Validation will require that the potential winner provide all requested information and meet all eligibility requirements. In the event potential winner resides in Canada, Entrant must correctly answer a mathematical skill-test question that will be asked by the Sponsor, on the phone at a mutually convenient time, on the entry form, or on the Liability waiver, as determined by Sponsor; if such Entrant answers the skill-testing question incorrectly, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, such Entrant will be disqualified for such prize which will then be randomly awarded to another Entrant. Use of a false or multiple email accounts or an incorrect mailing address will disqualify an entry. Potential winners who have not reached the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence shall require parental consent to accept any prize.
8. PRIZES. 75,000 Swag Bucks are available to be won at each Participating Site during each Sweepstakes Period. Swag Bucks are Sponsor's virtual currency, which can be redeemed for merchandise available at the Participating Sites (the "Merchandise"). Merchandise available varies at each Participating Site and Sponsor reserves the right to amend the Merchandise available, including the number of Swag Bucks required to redeem the Merchandise. Winners may collect their Swag Bucks and redeem Merchandise at a later time by logging into their account on the applicable Participating Site. Swag Bucks must be redeemed within two years of issuance. The approximate retail value of each Swag Buck will vary, depending on the Merchandise selected, but on average ranges from approximately $0.001 to $0.01. Swag Bucks are not redeemable for cash or cash equivalent. Swag Bucks may be combined with existing Swag Bucks in winner's account for the applicable Participating Site, and may be combined with future Swag Bucks in winner's account for the applicable Participating Site. No credits or refunds will be issued for any reason after Swag Bucks have been redeemed. Winners who receive any cash or prize with an ARV of over $600 must provide Sponsor with a social security number in order to be given a 1099. The winner is responsible for paying all taxes and fees associated with any Merchandise received by redeeming Swag Bucks. Total approximate retail value of all prizes at each Participating Site for each Sweepstakes Period: US$750.00. The value in Canada and the UK will depend upon currency fluctuations at the time prize is awarded. No cash or other substitution of any prize is permitted, except that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize or prize component with another comparable or greater value prize or prize component. No assignment or transfer of prizes is permitted. Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries during the Sweepstakes Period at each Participating Site.
9. VERIFICATION. All potential winning searches and all potential winners are subject to Sponsor verification. The Sponsor's decisions are final and binding. An Entrant is not deemed a winner of any prize, even if the winning notification should so indicate, unless and until the Entrant's eligibility and potential winning search has been verified and the Entrant has been notified that the acceptance and verification process is complete. To be deemed a winner an Entrant must follow and complete the prize acceptance and verification process as directed. Sponsor will not accept any external evidence of winning, such as screen shots, in lieu of the full completion of its acceptance and verification process. Sponsor reserves the right to request potential winners to show proof of identification and age in order to redeem Swag Bucks.
10. GENERAL CONDITIONS. Sponsor is not responsible for, and may at its sole discretion disqualify, any incomplete, lost, late, misdirected, garbled, incompletely received, or otherwise illegible or invalid searches or prize claims, regardless of the cause of the failure. Sponsor is not responsible for any aspect of Entrant's hardware, software, browser, network, or Internet connection which is or may be incompatible with any aspect of the Search Services or Sweepstakes. Sponsor is not responsible for any Entrant or Sponsor mistake or malfunction, technical, human, or otherwise, or any Internet or phone connection failure, delay, or congestion which may prevent an Entrant from accruing a valid Qualifying Search or completing the prize acceptance and verification process, or which may prevent the Sponsor from administering the Sweepstakes or processing the entries. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any Entrant or individual it finds to be tampering with or disrupting the entry process or operation of the Sweepstakes, offering payments for referrals or otherwise incentivizing our "Tell a Friend" feature, and/or to be acting in violation of these Rules. If due to a computer programming or other error, more prizes are claimed than intended to be awarded according to Rule 8, prizes will be awarded in a random drawing from among all prize claims received. In no event will Sponsor be liable for more than the stated number of prizes in Rule 8. Sponsor reserves the right to refuse service to any user for any reason.
Sponsor reserves the right to modify, suspend and/or terminate this Sweepstakes at any Participating Site or any part thereof in the event that it becomes infected by a computer virus or is otherwise technically impaired, or if the Sweepstakes cannot be conducted as planned by causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Any search that occurs after the system has failed for any reason is deemed a defective search and is void in all respects.
11. PUBLICITY; RELEASE. Acceptance of any prize constitutes consent and agreement to use winner's name, hometown, and likeness for editorial, advertising and publicity purposes, whether on a website or any other communication medium, without further compensation, except where prohibited. By entering and/or accepting a prize, Entrant (or Entrant's parent/legal guardian if any Entrant is deemed a minor in the state/province or country of his/her residence) agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor and the Promotion Parties, their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, all respective parent companies, directors, officers, employees, and agents from any and all liability arising out of Entrant's participation in the Sweepstakes with respect to the awarding, receipt, use and/or misuse of any prize, including without limitation, personal injury, death, and property damage, and claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy. In the event a prize includes travel, all travel companions will be required to sign a release of Sponsor and the Promotion Parties from any and all liability arising out of such travel companion's use of any prize, including without limitation, personal injury, death and property damage and claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy.
Winner (or Winner's parent/legal guardian if any Winner is deemed a minor in the state/province or country of his/her residence) may be required (in Sponsor's sole discretion) to sign an affidavit (or declaration) of eligibility, a publicity release (where permitted by law), and a liability release which must be signed and returned within 14 days of the date on the prize notification or prize will be forfeited and an alternative winner will be chosen.
12. DISPUTES; GOVERNING LAW. Participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes Entrant's (or Entrant's parent/legal guardian if any Entrant is deemed a minor in the state/province or country of his/her residence) full and unconditional agreement to be bound by these Official Rules and any and all decisions of the Sponsor. Except where prohibited, the Entrant (or Entrant's parent/legal guardian if any Entrant is deemed a minor in the state/province or country of his/her residence) agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of actions arising out of or connected with the Sweepstakes or any prize shall be resolved on an individual basis without resort to any form of class action. Any and all disputes, claims and causes of actions shall be resolved exclusively by the United States District Court for the Southern District of California, or the appropriate California State Court located in Los Angeles County, California. Any issues or questions of construction, interpretation, validity, or enforceability of these Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Entrant and/or Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes shall be governed by, construed and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rule which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California.
13. SPECIAL RULES FOR RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED KINGDOM.
a. Provisions of the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 shall not apply to this agreement.
b. Any dispute arising in connection with this Sweepstakes may be heard in the courts in their place of residence (being either the courts of England and Wales, the courts of Scotland or the courts of Northern Ireland). This provision does not affect the Entrant's other statutory rights as a consumer. For further information about statutory rights contact your local authority Trading Standards Department or Citizens' Advice Bureau". This provision shall replace paragraph 12.
c. For the avoidance of doubt, to the extent that English law applies, nothing in these rules shall limit or exclude either party's liability for fraud or for death or personal injury caused by its negligence, or any other liability to the extent that it cannot be excluded or limited by law.
14. WAIVER. By entering the Sweepstakes, Entrant (or Entrant's parent/legal guardian if any Entrant is deemed a minor in the state/province or country of his/her residence) waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages, attorneys' fees or any damages other than actual out-of-pocket costs incurred to enter. Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so the above may not apply to you.
15. WINNERS' LISTS. For Sweepstakes results send a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: Prodege LLC, P.O. Box 2748, Redondo Beach, CA 90278. Include on the outside of the envelope the month and the name of the Participating Site for which you request results.
PERSONAL INFORMATION. Information collected from Entrants is subject to Prodege's Privacy Policies located at http://www.swagbucks.com/g/privacy.