Get Paid to Work Out: 7 Apps You Need to Earn Cash for Exercise
By: Rita Cunha | November 12, 2020
We all know it’s important to live a healthy lifestyle. I’m sure I don’t need to tell you to watch your blood pressure, keep healthy blood glucose levels, and exercise. But what to do when you have no motivation to keep up your fitness goals? Easy. You download one of these fitness apps. They’ll push you to get moving, get healthier, and you will even get paid to work out! All you need is a smartphone (Android or iOS), a weight loss goal, and the desire to make extra money. Ready, set, go!
Can I Really Get Paid to Work Out? How Does It Work?
All of these apps work a little differently. Yet, they follow the same principles. Here is a quick rundown of how these fitness apps will get you extra money:
- Set a fitness goal you want to achieve. It could be a weight loss goal, for example.
- Enter information about your body (such as weight, height, and so on).
- Then, either place a money bet or select a challenge to compete for money.
- Go for walks or runs and take your phone with you. Think of the app as a fitness tracker, much like a Fitbit or Apple Watch.
- Stick to your workout schedule and check in with the app weekly.
- You’ll get rewarded for staying on track. The app can send you money through PayPal or gift cards to retailers and other rewards that allow you to save money on things you were going to buy anyway.
I’ve made sure to only include credible apps that will pay you. You won’t even have to enter your credit card information. What you won’t find on this list are scammy apps, such as GymPact and FitCoin that are now defunct.
Best Apps That Pay You to Exercise
If you’re already using health apps such as MyFitnessPal, why not start using others too? They can be your healthy side hustle and help you make money.
Achievement is one of the best health apps out there. It works like Apple Health in that it tracks your steps, but it does a lot more too. You can log meditation sessions, what you eat, share your progress on social media, and so on. The more you use the app, the more you’ll get rewarded. Reach 10,000 steps and you can cash out $10 through PayPal. It’s a fun way to get fit.
Sweatcoin is more simplistic, but not less fun. It logs how many steps you take in a day. Then, it pays you in its own cryptocurrency: “sweatcoins.” When you have enough of those, you can spend them with partner vendors or get free products in return.
HealthyWage is like making a bet with a friend with your own money. You enter your health goals on the app, your desired time frame, and then check in every week. Slip up and you lose your bet. But put enough effort in and you’ll be rewarded—sometimes up to $10,000.
What I love about this mobile app is how social and expansive it is. You can upload “before” and “after” pictures, share status updates, and much more.
DietBet is another awesome weight loss app. Use your iPhone or Android phone to keep tabs on your fitness progress. If you stick to the program, you’ll split the prize money with the rest of the community at the end of the week. There’s a chance to make real gains here—monetary ones, the only thing to lose is weight!
If you need a motivator to make you go for a walk, that’s StepBet. It will help you meet your weekly exercise goals. If you’re not consistent and get sloppy, you’ll lose your wager. But if you’re dedicated to losing weight and getting fit, you’ll cash in—sometimes big time.
MapMyFitness is one of the most complete health apps. It doesn’t just track your steps, it also offers you dozens of body weight workouts you can do from home. They’re designed by professional trainers and are a great way to get you moving! Who needs a gym membership? Plus, if you’re one of the top performers, you can get cash prizes through PayPal.
BONUS: Charity Miles
If you don’t need PayPal money, Amazon gift cards, and other rewards, Charity Miles is perfect for you. The more you get moving, the more money you can donate to a charity. The app supports dozens of charities you can choose from. Plus, you can join other members and form a community to make your weight loss journey more fun!
- Get Paid To Be A Test Subject
- 20 Ways to Save Even More Every Timme You Shop at Old Navy
- The Best Way to Invest – Even If You Only Have $100
- How to sell clothes online
- How to Create a Brand Tracker Survey
- 7 Ways to Make the Most of Online Surveys and Offers
- How Does Child Support Work? Answers & Explanations for Parents
- Are Student Loans Worth It? Everything You Need to Know About Student Debt
- Mystery Shopping: How to Make Money & Avoid Scams
- Secret hacks to get free Starbucks gift cards
- How to Get Out of a Car Lease Early: 3 Ways to Do It
- 5 Ways to Get Free Prescription Drugs and Dozens of Assistance Programs to Know