How to Make Money with Online Games
Updated: February 23rd, 2022
Promotions are accurate at the point of publishing and only available for a limited time. All promotions are subject to change without notification.
Make Money: Online Games That Pay
Playing games online can be a great way to make extra money. It’s so much fun that some people have been caught playing online Scrabble while waiting at a stoplight. But it can also be a way to put cash in your wallet. This article will go over some fun (and safe!) ways to make money play games. Please play play online games on your couch or sitting in a chair or a bar stool – and not at a traffic light.
Do Online Games Really Pay?
Yes, you can make money by playing games online. It’s not too good to be true!
It’s not just for live-stream gamers who get paid, from sponsors, to play video games. Or gaming tournaments where you need to pony up cash to play games and get a shot at the grand cash prize.
Mere gaming mortals can play video games or game apps right on their phone, no live-streaming, and earn money.
>>> Related: Join Swagbucks, get paid to play games.
Types of Online Games that Really Pay
- Word games
- Strategy games
- Fighting games
- Arcade games
- Slot games (with RNG’s or random number generators)
- Casino games
- Poker and card games
- And more! – Scroll down for a list of the top 7 free games you can check out now to make money playing games today.
The key thing to getting paid is to choose the right games and platforms. With some online games, you could earn lots of tokens but have no way to turn your winnings into actual cash. It’s purely for your ego – like you’re getting a virtual trophy.
Why Would Anyone Pay Me to Play Games?
So you’re not a professional game tester or video game journalist, or other superstar in the gaming industry. You’re just an amateur gamer, maybe. But the video game industry still wants to get their game in front of you. They always want more people to play.
App and game developers need new people to check out their apps and mobile games. Here’s how it works.
- Gaming companies or app developers partner with rewards sites, like Swagbucks, who have members who enjoy playing games and completing small tasks for PayPal cash rewards or Amazon gift cards.
- Swagbucks will share these games on Swagbucks.com or in the app.
- These game “offers” are shared with you as different ways to make money. Common deals include earn $1.00 for installing a new app and creating your avatar, or make $50 if you reach a certain level within 40 days. The more time you have to put into the game, the more money you can make.
Gaming companies decide what you need to do to get the reward, i.e. reach level 50 within 10 days. They’ll pay Swagbucks when you do it, and Swagbucks will share a portion of the cash rewards with you. Typically it’s 50% to 70% but it can vary. Everyone wins.
- Gaming companies get new players.
- You get to have fun and make real money playing games.
- Swagbucks makes a cut.
How Much Can You Make with Online Games?
The amount of money you can make from online games is based on a combination of time, luck and gaming experience.
Professional gamers (who live-stream and have sponsors) make an average of $60,000 per year, and top-earners can earn as much as $15,000 per hour. And then there the lucky few who find work as a professional video game tester or video game journalist and make a healthy salary ranging from $50,000 to $100,000+ a year.
Nonprofessional Gamers Can Make a Few Thousand a Year
Nonprofessional gamers, amateurs who game, can still make a few thousand dollars a year.
- Rewards apps like Swagbucks, InboxDollars, or MyPoints will pay you to sign up for new video game apps or web games you can play online.
- A range of different games are available for you to try with different prize or reward amounts. For example, maybe it’s earn $0.50 for just installing a new game app and opening it once. Or maybe it’s earn $120 for installing Bing Slots Pet World (made-up name used for an example) and reaching level 50 within 14 days.
- Complete lots of video game offers throughout the year offered on these reward sites, that can add up to a lot of extra money.
Rewards apps like InboxDollars or Swagbucks will offer you different redemption or payment options for when you cash out: PayPal cash (you’ll need a PayPal account), a check in the mail, Amazon gift card, or gift cards to other popular stores.
Many avid gamers on Swagbucks will earn cash so they can go to real-life gaming tournaments or conventions, or buy new video games and gaming equipment.
What’s the Best Type of Games that Pay Real Money?
Video games rarely pay you directly. However, you can win real money by playing in video game tournaments, farming out characters you’ve leveled up, or becoming a Twitch streamer.
In one extreme case, superstar gamer Tyler Blevins, known as Ninja, has made about $10 million from playing online video games. He has a popular YouTube channel and is an active social media personality. He’s even published a book on how to get good at gaming.
In addition, eSports is a popular way for professional video game players to win big jackpots. Last year, more than $156 million was awarded across 3,500 tournaments, and one top player earned $4.2 million.
Many gamers also earn money by becoming a video game tester. By working directly with game producers to try out beta versions, you could get paid for your skills on PC, Xbox, Playstation and Nintendo consoles.
Online slot machines are another way to win money. They’re typically available on both a mobile app and via a website. In some cases, you’ll need to buy in to start playing, but other times you’ll start with a deposit bonus when you sign up.
About eight percent of smartphone users are playing online casino games. Yet finding money-making game apps can be a bit tricky. Google limits access to real-money gaming apps for Androids, and Apple’s app store doesn’t allow rankings for these apps.
Although online poker does face regulation from some statewide gambling agencies, it’s possible to play and win in some locations. For example, one couple has only been playing for a few years, and they’re earning an average of $3,500 per month, which is more than enough to cover their rent.
How Do Games Pay Out?
Each gaming site pays a little differently, so you may want to check out the rules before playing.
First, consider the site’s payment types. You could get gift cards, online currency, prepaid credit cards, a check or online currency.
Next, there are payment schedules to look at. Some sites will pay you whenever you request it. Others have weekly or monthly payment schedules. Other sites may require you to have made a certain amount of money before you can cash out.
Top 7 Money-Making Online Games for 2022
Here are the best ways to win real money from online games.
From Swagbucks Games, you have direct access to some of the best online games. One of the community’s favorites is an online trivia game called Swagbucks Live where users can win virtual currency that can be exchanged for cash. And a great perk with Swagbucks is they offer a lot of unblocked games that you can play at work or at school.
More than just connecting you to money-making games, you can actually earn cash just by using the platform. For each game, you can earn site currency, called SB, based on your activity. Then you can cash in for gift cards, PayPal cash, gift cards (Amazon and more), prepaid Visa, or a check in the mail.
With Swagbucks, you can also get paid for online activities like answering surveys, cash back shopping, or searching the web. Since 2014, Swagbucks has paid out more than $650 million in real money and free gift card rewards to members like you.
Top Free Games to Play and Earn Real Money on Swagbucks Now
Here are the top mobile games to play now on Swagbucks and earn money.
- Solitaire Cash: Deposit $10 and play at least 3 games, receive $40. Play Solitaire Cash.
- MGM Slots: Complete level 33 within 7 days and receive $15. Play MGM Slots.
- Bingo Blitz: Install the app and reach level 70 within 7 days, receive $60. Play Bingo Blitz.
- Grand Mafia: Install the app and reach Mansion Level within 25 days, receive $100. Play Grand Mafia.
- Forge of Empires: Play this strategic game to develop your city through the ages. Reach the Early Middle Ages level within 20 days, get $15. Play Forge of Empires.
- Lord of the Rings: Rise to War: Reach level 10 within 3 days, get $10. Play Lord of the Rings Rise to War.
- Elvenar – Fantasy Kingdom: Build the city of your dreams in this magical kingdom. Unlock Ancient Wonders Chapter II within 30 days of installing the app, get $12.50. Play Elvenar now.
- King of Avalon – Dominion: Build the greatest army of all time. Reach level 25 within 14 days of installing the app, get $65. Play King of Avalon now.
- RAID Shadow Legends: Install the app and summon two sacred shards within 15 days, get $60. Play RAID Shadow Legends now. Also check out details about a desktop version of this game offer that offers $50.
- Dozens more games to earn money – check the entire games library.
2. Solitaire Cube
This popular card game is a modern version of the classic game Klondike Solitaire. Each round lasts one or two minutes. Rather than being a solo game, you can use the platform Skillz to compete with players around the world. In most U.S. states, you can win cash prizes from playing in tournaments.
Payouts can vary. One user deposited $25 and won $120 within a week. A top player has earned more than $350,000.
3. 21 Blitz
This online game combines Backjack with Solitaire. To practice, you can play for free. When you’re ready to play the game for real money, you can switch to cash games. Users have said that when playing competitively, you’ll be matched up with other users who have the same skill level. This can make it more difficult for savvy players to win a big jackpot by playing less-skilled players.
This popular online game combines playing bingo with free slots. It’s been around since the days of AOL, but now you can play either on a desktop or mobile app. Winnings can be redeemed for cash via PayPal.
This money-making online game is only available on smartphones. More than one million users have won extra cash by playing online scratch-off games and contests. Playing real-money games is free, and there’s no buy-in. However, there’s an ad that plays before each scratch-off game. Your odds of winning will depend on the number of people playing scratch cards and the number of people entered in the contest.
This slot game is rated as one of the top real money casino games. Slotmania has more than 100 million players. It’s free to play, but you do need to have coins in your account. After your free initial bundle of coins, you can purchase additional coins or get coins via casino bonuses.
The international online poker game includes Texas Hold ’em, Seven Card Stud, Omaha High/Low and more. There are live poker tournaments and even a team of professional poker players. It’s only available in some U.S. states. Withdrawing your online winnings is simple as logging in to your account and clicking “withdraw.”
Popular Coupons, Promo Codes, and Deals:
- Ways to get a free Gas Gift Card
- The Basics Of Investing For Teenagers
- How to Make Money Online 2020: A Beginner’s Guide
- Best Unblocked Games to Play When You’re Bored at School
- Present Hunting? Reasons to Consider an eGift Card
- Best Side Job Apps 2020: Get Paid for Surveys, Deliveries, & More
- Contact Lens Subscription Services vs Traditional Prescriptions
- How to Take Advantage of Survey Reward Sites
- Best Back to School Deals 2021
- What Is a Side Gig? 26 Side Hustles to Help You Earn Extra Cash
- Product Tester: How to Get Paid to Test Products at Home
- Myview Review and Alternatives