Find Free Grocery Coupons Online: Printable, Apps and More
By: Dannie Phan | April 15, 2020
Groceries are one of the biggest expenses most households have these days. Costs can vary from month to month due to changing food prices and variety in shopper habits. However, with some effort, and the right grocery coupons, you can greatly reduce the amount of money your family spends on groceries each month.
We’ll go over the top coupon hacks to save money while shopping, as well as the best places, to find grocery coupons.
In-Store Grocery Coupons
Using in-store coupons is one of the easiest ways to save money at a specific grocery store. Most of these require you to sign up for a store loyalty card, so the store can track coupons per account.
You can access these digital grocery coupons on your favorite stores’ websites or through store-specific mobile apps. If you have a hard time finding either of these things, you can ask a store associate to help you locate them. Once you’ve saved a coupon to your account, the discount is applied at check out.
Store Loyalty Cards
One of the best ways to save money without almost any effort is to sign up for grocery store loyalty cards. Many grocery stores will reward shoppers who sign up for loyalty cards. They see it as a sign that you’re going to keep shopping with them and reward you for agreeing to support them more. As a loyalty cardholder, you’re automatically signed up for discounts on items throughout each store. Places like Kroger and Walmart have store loyalty programs that are free to use.
Online Grocery Coupons
There are hundreds of websites where you can get online coupons. Online grocery coupons are great to use either in-store or for your online shopping. These work by either providing you with a barcode to scan in person or a code to use when you’re at your online checkout page and are ready to input your payment method.
Printable Grocery Coupons
Printable grocery coupons are still some of the most common ways to save on your grocery bill. Printable coupons are generally considered manufacturer coupons. Unless they specify a specific store where you have to use them, you can take them to any of your favorite stores.
Swagbucks has partnered up with Coupons.com to give you rewards for using printable coupons. You get 25 Swagbucks (SB) for each coupon you redeem, as well as 1 SB for each coupon you print for a max of 50 SB. The amount of coupons available to you depends on your location and affiliated brands. Swagbucks has an extensive library of coupons and promo codes for thousands of merchants around the web.
SavingStar is a great place to find free coupons to print. The online savings center gives you the option to either print your coupons or store your deals through the mobile app for ease of use. One of the downsides of using this option is that offers tend to come and go quickly, so you have to be on top of when you use your coupons.
Coupons.com is one of the most popular websites for printable coupons. Along with print coupons, they have a coupon mobile app you can use if you want to save paper. Simply save coupons to your account, and then bring them up at checkout once you’ve bought an applicable item. You can also combine coupons from this website with your store loyalty account.
Promo codes are best used when you’re shopping online. If you use a store’s feature of buying groceries online and picking up in-store, this is one of the best ways to apply promo codes. RetailMeNot is one of the best sources of promo codes since they look for codes all over the internet and combine them in one easy to find location.
Many grocery stores have made it difficult to stack coupons. However, depending on what store you visit and how you source your coupons, you can still stack coupons and discounts and get even bigger savings on your grocery bill.
Always read the coupon rules. Each coupon will give you information on whether or not it can be combined with other coupons. If it says it can’t, this is already a bad candidate for stacking coupons.
The best way to stack coupons is to combine manufacturer coupons with in-store coupons.
Shoply and Ibotta
Apps like Shoply and Ibotta helps you find grocery store coupons for items that are already on your shopping list. All you have to do to start saving on brands like Kelloggs, General Mills, Yoplait, and more, is download the app and sign up.
They work by giving you rebates when you show a receipt with any of the deals you’ve saved to your account.
You also get cashback for every friend you invite to use the app, giving you even more savings. Cashback is paid through PayPal or gift cards.
- Extra Cash For Teens: Four Great Ways for Teens to Make Money Online
- Online Research Jobs
- Data Entry Jobs from Home
- The Best Way to Pay Off Student Loans (In 7 Simple Steps)
- Ways to get a free Gas Gift Card
- How to Take Advantage of Survey Reward Sites
- The Ultimate Staples Cashback & Coupon Code Deal Hack
- Get Paid to Work Out: 7 Apps You Need to Earn Cash for Exercise
- 10 Best Work From Home & Online Jobs to Earn Money in 2020
- 11 Places to Find Blogging Jobs
- The Ultimate Best Buy Cashback & Coupon Code Deal Hack
- What is my Starbucks Gift Card Balance
- Easiest Way to Get Free Amazon.com Gift Cards
- Best Gas Rewards Programs 2020: Earn Fuel Discounts & More
- Part-Time Remote Work: What Are Your Options?
- 11 Best National Banks 2020: Get Branch Coverage, Account Variety, & More
- Tips and Tricks to Earn a Free Sephora Gift Card
- How to Get Free Samples Online
- Travel Hacking: How to Fly for Little or Nothing—Even In First Class!
- The Ultimate Shutterfly Cashback & Coupon Code Deal Hack
- The Ultimate Old Navy Cashback & Coupon Code Deal Hack
- Stores That Give Cash Back On Your Debit Card Purchases
- Mother’s Day Specials and Freebies
- Make money online by taking Paid Surveys with Swagbucks