Target Black Friday Deals 2021
By: Stacy Garrels | September 9th, 2021
Black Friday at Target is a major shopping event not to be missed. You’ll find some of the year’s best deals on home, clothing, toys, and electronics. The retailer is known for its great BOGO’s and gift card rebate deals, where you can earn Target gift cards for purchasing certain items or a certain dollar amount for a product category.
What Time is Black Friday for Target?
Black Friday isn’t just a one-day sale for Target; you’ll find Black Friday deals the whole season long. That said, the season generally does have a kick-off date and time. Check the Target Black Friday ad for the online Black Friday sale start time.
As for start times, with each wave of Black Friday deals that gets released, we anticipate they will be available online at midnight or 12 A.M. Especially juicy deals Target has can sell out quickly, so plan accordingly. The Black Friday ad for 2021 will likely be released early to mid-November. Make sure to bookmark this page and check back.
What Are Black Friday Target Hours?
For Black Friday proper, the day after Thanksgiving, Target will open its stores at 7 a.m. Check back for more information on store close times. Also store hours may vary by location, too. It’s always best to check with your local store.
And stay at home with your family on Thanksgiving! Unlike previous years (pre-Covid-19), Target stores are not open on Thanksgiving.
How Long Do Target Black Friday Sales Last?
Target Black Friday sales last all season long, beginning in November. In 2020, with Covid being a major factor, Target had Black Friday deals spread out through the entire season. With a Target ad, you can plan out what will go on sale when to make sure you get the best prices.
Is Cyber Monday Online Only?
No, you can find those deals online and in-store. While Cyber Monday does feature a number of fantastic online deals, you can find Cyber Monday savings in-stores at Target as well.
In 2020, Target held a Cyber Week event with deals on everything from ornaments and tree lights to Disney toys and air fryers and gaming consoles.
Target did kick off its Cyber Week with two flash sales on Monday. The first sale ran from 8am – 12pm CST and the second sale ran from 12pm – 4pm. Additionally, the retailer had an awesome sitewide sale of 15% off on that Monday.
There may be some online only deals, but free in-store pickup is an option.
For Cyber Monday 2021, Target will be going big. When the deals are leaked, we’ll be the first to let you know. Bookmark this page and check back.
Will Target Black Friday Deals Be Online?
Target will offer Black Friday deals both online and in-store. Online, Target.com will be offering free online shipping on all online orders in November and December, but delays are expected (and common among all retailers). Curbside pickup and inside store pickup are options, too.
Which Target Stores Have the Best Black Friday Deals?
While all Target stores will carry the same Black Friday deals, not all of their stores are created equal. Do some scouting work in advance to find out which store near you is the cheapest.
Different Target stores, even within the same metro area, can have different prices for the same item. Some examples I’ve seen include an apparel item being $1 more here, a toiletry item being 50-cents less there, or even variance between the online price (you view in-app) and the in-store price.
Target has responded to these observations, stating “At time, guest will find different prices based on what we’re seeing with the market.”
Targets in ritzier zip codes can have slightly higher pricing on many items, but these stores are also likely to be cheaper, too. Guests in these markets have cars and resources to shop around and comparison shop. Make a list of 15 items you commonly purchase, and compare the prices.
Why This Matters for Target’s Black Friday
You might think that this doesn’t matter for Black Friday, because all Black Friday prices are the same as outlined in the Target ad. And this is mostly true.
Many Target Black Friday deals are a set price for a set item. (i.e. $199 for Gaming Console ABC.) However, some deals Target has are BOGO’s or for spending a set amount to get a percentage off or a Target gift card back. Here, knowing which Target is cheapest can come into play. Other retailers, like Walmart and Fred Meijer, also offer this sort of dynamic, market-driven pricing on their merchandise too.
Also, some Target stores are going to be “better” at having lots of Black Friday merchandise available. Not all Target stores have the same floor-plan. There are different store layouts or store formats, from large hypermarket or SuperTarget stores with groceries to smaller format stores like CityTarget and TargetExpress stores. Smaller stores are going to have fewer items and are often designed only to carry smaller packages that people can carry home – walking or by taking public transit.
Is Target Doing Black Friday 2021 Early?
Yes, Target will offer Black Friday deals well before the day after Thanksgiving. It seems like most retailers have gravitated (or are gravitating) towards this.
Target’s Black Friday sale deals start in November and will be spread out all season long leading up until December 24th.
What are the Thanksgiving hours for Target Black Friday 2021?
Target will be closed for Thanksgiving Day for Black Friday 2021. While in past years, stores would open on Thanksgiving Day (with Thanksgiving hours typically starting in the evening), Target will be closed. Target was also closed for Black Friday 2020.
Do You Need Target Black Friday Reservations?
Target Black Friday reservations are not needed to shop in-store. In 2020, Target offered shoppers a reservation system to manage lines and minimize crowds during peak shopping days. While other retailers like Walmart and Home Depot limited the number of shoppers allowed in the store, leaving customers to wait in line outside, Target created an online reservation system enabling customers to call “dibs” on their spot online before leaving home. So you could begin “waiting in line” from the comfort of your home. Or anywhere else you had access to your phone. It is likely stores will offer this reservation feature for Black Friday 2021.
What Were Last Year Target Black Friday Sale Deals?
For 2020 Black Friday, the deals at Target stores and online were jaw-dropping.
Some of the best Target Black Friday promotions last year:
- $170 for a 43-Inch TCL 4K TV
- $80 ($70 off) for a Fire HD 10 Tablet
- Free $20 Target Gift Card (with the purchase of a $100 Apple Gift Card)
- 50% Board Games
- Buy 2 Get 1 Free for Books, Movies, and Music
- $229 for a 65-Inch TCL 4K TV
- $199 ($250 off) off KitchenAid 5-qt Mixer
- $49 ($40 off) Google Nest Hub
- $174 (50% off) Beats Studio Wireless Headphones
- $59 ($40 off) Amazon Fire 7 Kids Edition 16GB Tablet
- $119 ($100 off) HP 11.6″ Chromebook 32GB Storage
- $179 GoPro HERO7
- $59 (Save $20) Fujifilm Instax Mini 11
- $69 (Save $50) JBL Flip 5 Portable Waterproof Bluetooth Speaker
- $149 (Save $70) Samsung Galaxy Tablet 10.3″ and 32GB Storage
- $9.99 and up Video Games
- $199.99 Nintendo Switch Lite
- Up to 50% off Barbie Accessories
- BOGO 50% Off Toys
- 25% off Cricut Accessories
- $179 ($120 off) iRobot Roomba WiFi Connected
- $299 Oculus Quest 2
- $85 (50% Off) VTech 5″ Digital Video Monitors
- $224 ($75 off) Owlet Smart Sock
- BOGO 50% Off Car Seats, Pack ‘n’ Play, and Select Baby Gear
What Are Black Friday Target TV Deals?
You can always find fantastic Black Friday TV deals. For Black Friday this year, expect to see savings similar to 2020 Black Friday Target TV deals.
- $229.99 (Save $170) for TCL 65″ 4K UHD HR
- $89.99 (Save $40) for Element Roku Smart LED TV
- $169.99 (Save $30) for 43″ TCL Android UHD HDR Smart TV
- $329.99 (Save $20) for 50″ Samsung TV
- $379.99 (Save $20) for 55″ Samsung TV
- $479.99 (Save $50) for 65″ Samsung TV
- $169.99 (Save $149) for 50″ Westinghouse Roku HRD Smart TV
- $249.99 (Save $50) for 50″ TCL Roku Smart TV HDR
- $299.99 for 70″ Element Roku UHD HRD Smart TV
- $549.99 (Save $199) for 55″ Sony HDR Smart Android. TV AND Get Free $30 Target Gift Card
- $679.99 (Save $20) for 65″ Samsung Smart HDR TV
- $279.99 (Save $50) for 55″ TCL Roku HDR TV
- $499.99 (Save $200) for 55″ LG Smart UHD NanoCell TV
- $269.99 (Save $30) for 43″ Samsung Smart HDR TV
- $159.99 (Save $70) for 43″ Element Roku UHD TV
- $179.99 (Save $100) for 50″ Element Roku HDR TV
- $209.99 (Save $110) for 55″ Element Roku HDR TV
- $199.99 (Save $150) for 55″ Hisense Roku HDR TV
What is the Price of a Nintendo Switch at Target during Black Friday?
2021 Black Friday ads and prices for a Nintendo Switch at Target are not yet published, but expect similar deals to Black Friday 2020.
Nintendo Switch Black Friday Deals
- $59.99 (Save $20) Luigi’s Mansion 3 for Nintendo Switch
- $299.99 for Nintendo Switch with 3-month Nintendo Switch online membership and free digital download code for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
- $199.99 for Nintendo Switch Lite
- $10 and up for PowerA Nintendo Switch and Switch Lite Accessories
- 30% Off Nintendo Switch Animal Crossing Game Traveler GoPlay Action Pack
What is the Price of an Apple Watch at Target during Black Friday?
Expect to see great sales prices at Target for the Apple watch this Black Friday, around $50 off or more. Plus RedCard Savers can save an additional 5% off total purchase price.
For Target Black Friday 2020, the new Apple Watch 6 was priced at $349.99 and the Apple Watch SE GPS was priced at $229.99. The Apple Watch was featured in the retailer’s 3rd round of Black Friday deals (Nov 15-Nov 21st).
We expect to see the Apple Watch in one of Target’s earlier Black Friday offerings this year (early November). Make sure to jump on the savings right away since last year the Apple Watch sold out at Black Friday pricing, with no rainchecks available.
What is the Price of a PS5 during Black Friday at Target?
Expect the Target price for Black Friday for the PS5 to be around $400. While retailers have yet to announce their PS5 deals and availability, for Black Friday 2020, the retailer sold the PlayStation 5 Digital Edition Console for $400.
That said, the PS5 is a hot item. Snagging a PS5, at any price point, can be a challenge for even the most dedicated of gamers and deal seekers.
Can You Haggle at Target?
Yes, you can haggle at Target in many circumstances and be effective (and non-annoying) at it.
When it comes to ultra-low Black Friday prices, you’re not likely to get a better deal. But there are still other ways to haggle, whether you’re shopping in-store for the holidays or any other time of year.
- The item is priced lower at Target.com or a retailer that the retailer price matches. This may be considered price-matching, more than haggling, but it’s a valid way to save that involves asking a team member or store manager to drop the price.
- It’s an item or style that’s being discontinued. If it’s a bright purple color platter that the brand is no longer making, and it’s not selling well, you can ask for a discount. Just be prepared to share the information that you’re armed with (i.e. proof from brand’s website that it’s being discontinued) to get a better price. If the manager does drop the price, typically it’ll be for 13%.
- The item is damaged, nicked, or scarred. You can ask for a discount, and if granted, it’ll likely be for 13%. Even for Black Friday or Christmas type wares, you can try this. Do you see a Santa with lots of chipped paint, or a tube of wrapping paper with a dinted end? Ask.
Just make sure that you’re polite. Any markdowns for any reason are an exception, not something a shopper is entitled to. Demanding “13% off because I know you can so do it” is not going to work out as well as a “Is there any way you could please discount this…?” A manager may bum you out and say no, but be polite. You want to be able to try again. And again. And again. Don’t make yourself a memorable entitled jerk.
Does Target Have Secret Clearance?
Target has loads of clearance bargains and insider clearance secrets.
- Target inventory that gets marked down goes through a series of percentage off phases of increments: 15%, 30%, 50%, 70%, and so on up to 90%. (It’s less common to see 90% off goods though. Generally those will go to a TJ Maxx type retail outlet, or even be donated to Goodwill, Salvation Army, or other charitable outfits with a thrift store. If you see 90% off in stores, that’s a stellar deal.)
- Unsold clearance items are typically marked down once every two weeks (after the markdowns have started), but this can vary based on the quantity of unsold merchandise, region, or even discretion of the ETL or Store Manager.
- Sale signage isn’t always correct. Often, old promotional pricing can be left up. If the signage is up, Target will honor the price. Even if it’s expired. If I’m getting a particularly juicy deal (i.e. free $30 gift card for purchasing $100+ of baby items), I’ll take a picture of the sign on my phone. So if something doesn’t ring up correctly, I can quickly share it to the cashier who can make an adjustment right there on the spot.
- Look for clearance items in unexpected places. End caps and clearance racks are common places to look for Target clearance items, but clearance items can be tucked away in any place in the store. You can find it on extra shelves in the odd corner of the story, in special seasonal aisles, or other spots that seem hidden in plain sight.
- December 26th and later is a fantastic time to buy Christmas ornaments, Christmas wrapping paper, and grocery and healthy and beauty items with holiday-themed packaging. Typically one day after a holiday, you can save 30% to 50%. Four days after holiday, save 50% to 70%. And seven days after a holiday, you can 70% to 90% off. Holiday clearance sales usually last for a week to a week and a half, with leftovers being gutted.
- Target has a semi-annual toy clearance. The toys clearance event happens twice a year, typically in mid-January and mid-July. Find loads of toys for up 70% off.
- While not always so super secret, Target Circle offers great savings. It can be hard to keep track of all of the different promotions running, but the Target Circle app shows you the best deals for the products you’re buying, or can even suggest similar products. It’s like doing a quick digital ad scan.
What Day of the Week Does Target Do Markdowns?
Markdowns happen throughout the week Monday to Fridays. There aren’t necessarily set rules, like clothing on one day or pet care on another. It depends on stores, staffing levels, the store manager, and more. Get chatty with a local team member the next time you’re in store and ask them when markdowns typically take place at that location.
When Will the Target’s Black Friday Ad Be Released?
The Target Black Friday ad for 2021 hasn’t been released yet, but for Black Friday 2020, the ad came out on November 16th and then additional deals were added onto the ad on November 19th.
For Target Black Friday 2021, we anticipate the ad being dropped by mid-November or earlier. Bookmark this page and make sure to check back.
Are there Target Black Friday deals?
Target is offering Black Friday deals all month with new deals out each week. The upcoming week’s Target Black Friday deals will be available to preview every Thursday through Saturday.
When do Target Black Friday deals start?
Target Black Friday Deals have already started and will continue throughout the month of November.
Are Target Black Friday deals available online?
Most Target Black Friday deals — including doorbusters — can be found on Target.com.
How do I get the best Target Black Friday deal?
Plan ahead with each upcoming week’s Target Black Friday deals. Every Thursday through Saturday, you can preview the upcoming week’s Black Friday Deals. Sign up for the email newsletter for more inside scoop about Cyber Week, Black Friday, & other Target exclusives and promotions.
What brands/items are included in the Target Black Friday sale?
Find Target Black Friday deals on brands like LG, Dyson, Keurig, and more!
What are the top Target Black Friday deals?
LG 60″” Class 4K UHD Smart LED HDR TV only $399.99 (originally $499.99)
Dyson V10 Animal Cordless Stick Vacuum only $349.99 (originally $499.99)
Keurig K-Mini Single-Serve K-Cup Pod Coffee Maker only $49.99 (originally $89.99)
50% off Pre-lit Alberta Spruce Artificial Christmas Trees from $30.00 (originally $60.00)
PowerXL 6 qt Indoor Grill and Air Fryer only $99.99 (originally $149.99)
Will Target price match competitors’ Black Friday deals?
Target offers price matching if you buy a qualifying item at Target then find the identical item for less at Target.com, select online competitors, or in Target’s or competitor’s local print ad. Price matches may be requested at time of purchase or within 14 days after purchase. For Black Friday deal purchases made between November 1 – 28, 2020 you’ll qualify for a price adjustment if the Target store or Target.com price goes down any time on or before December 24, 2020.
Will Target have in store or curbside pickup?
Target offers in store pickup as well as contactless curbside pick up through the Target App. Order with Drive Up in the Target app and an employee will bring your order out to your car for free.
What are Target Shipping Methods
Standard Shipping, Premium Shipping, Express Shipping
What Other Stores Have the Best Deals on Black Friday?
Other retailers and hot deals you should hit up during the holiday season include:
- Amazon Black Friday
- Bath and Body Works Black Friday
- Best Buy Black Friday
- Cabela’s Black Friday
- Costco Black Friday
- GameStop Black Friday
- Home Depot Black Friday
- Hulu Black Friday
- Kohl’s Black Friday
- Lowe’s Black Friday
- Lululemon Black Friday
- Macy’s Black Friday
- Menards Black Friday
- Newegg Black Friday
- Nike Black Friday
- Sam’s Club Black Friday
- Target Black Friday
- Ulta Black Friday Deals
- Verizon Black Friday
- Walmart Black Friday
- Wayfair Black Friday
- Black Friday Airpod Deals
- Black Friday iPad Deals
- Black Friday Laptop Deals
- Black Friday TV Deals
- Nintendo Switch Black Friday
- How to Save Money When Eating Out at Restaurants
- How To Make Money Off Of Your Hobbies
- Check My Walmart Gift Card Balance
- How to Get Free Samples Online
- Unconventional Ways To Make Money
- What To Sell On eBay
- 200 SB Bonus To Try In-Store Deals
- How Does Child Support Work? Answers & Explanations for Parents
- Build Your Own House: 10 Steps + Costs to Consider
- Get free eBay Gift Cards from Swagbucks.com
- The 10 Best Cashback and Rewards Apps for 2020
- Test Websites for Money: The Best Online Website Tester Jobs