Contributing Editor – Stacy Garrels
Stacy Garrels [ She / Her / Hers] is a Contributing Editor for Swagbucks and an aspiring donut connoisseur. Stacy writes about weird money, thrift store hacks, freebies, and life’s random quirks. Passionate about scoring freebies and great deals, Stacy’s been in the Penny Trenches:
- Made over $20,000 flipping used clothes and used furniture online, including over $2,000 selling kids clothes on Facebook BST.
- Has had gigs au pairing, teaching English, tutoring, copywriting, and bar-keeping in France, Switzerland, the Netherlands, and North Dakota.
- Had dozens of epic Target hauls where she saved 70%+ on cartfuls of groceries and household items.
- Scored over $1,000 in free baby diapers and baby furniture.
- Tried over 50 different loyalty sites, rewards programs, and cash app back apps – earning a ton of Target and Amazon gift cards along the way.
- Suffered some truly tragic Clairol home dye-jobs.
- Was once forced by Security to leave a supermarket for trying to redeem too many (300+) coupons.
Stacy graduated from a small liberal arts college in Moorhead, Minnesota. Her rants and writings have been featured on InboxDollars.com, Medium, Upromise, Reddit threads, social media posts, and random comment sections of HuffPost, NYT, The Cut, and The Onion.
When not writing about money and consumer rewards, Stacy can be found downing copious amounts of coffee, back-seat politicking, sewing crooked quilts, or picking Cheerios out of couch cushions.
She lives in Minneapolis, MN with her husband, preschool daughter, 9-month old son, dog Wolfgang, and cat Katie. If Al Franken still lived in his childhood home, he and Stacy would be neighbors.
- The First Father’s Day – The How’s and Why’s
- 25 Best Gifts (Most Coveted) for Father’s Day
- How to Save $40K+ for College – Starting with Just $2.74 a Day
- Scholarships 101: Your Guide to Finding Free Money for School
- New York 529 Plan Basics
- Virginia’s 529 Plans
- Max Out Your Swagbucks Account – How to Earn Even More!
- How Can I Make $100 A Day?
- Get Paid for Answering Surveys Online
- How to Take Advantage of Survey Reward Sites
- 9 Great Educational Apps to Know
- Check My iTunes Gift Card Balance
- What is my Google Play Gift Card Balance?
- What is my Starbucks Gift Card Balance
- What is my eBay Gift Card Balance?
- Where to Get a Money Order
- Online Jobs from Home
- Data Entry Jobs from Home
- Online Jobs for Stay at Home Moms
- Passive Income Ideas
- 9 Best Places to Sell Used Furniture
- 6 Best Apps to Sell Your Old Stuff
- 7 Places to Get Started Finding Proofreading Jobs
- Online Jobs for Teens: Everything You Need to Know to Get Started